Sunday, February 25, 2024

Week Eight

Hope you are all having a great week. Since papers are due at the end of this week, there is no prompt response due. However, please do the readings anyway - this week we are thinking about quality vs. demand in fiction - some pretty weighty issues. Do we spend lots of money on titles that are popular but that maybe aren't the greatest critical hits? Do we try to push people towards more "quality" books? Who defines what is a quality book and how? What is the role of reading? So many fun questions to talk about - I really picked the wrong week to have your papers due! Speaking of your papers... So far only 23 of you have run your topic ideas by me! I have to approve your topic before you write about it - so let me know ASAP if you haven't already done so!

So, due by the end of this week:

1. Special Topic Paper

2. Relationship and Gentle Reads Annotations

Can't wait to read your papers - as always let me know if you have any questions!


8 comments:

  1. Without a prompt this week, are we still expected to provide 3 peer replies on the Relationship/Gentle Reads annotations?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've spent quite of bit of time trying to access the Wall Street Journal but still haven't found the assigned article for the week. Do you have any recommendations on a path to get to it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't access it either and was surprised to discover that my library system doesn't give me access to WSJ online!

      Delete
    2. It looks like they pulled access :/ Sorry guys - it was available a few months ago! Since it's not open access anymore it's not required reading. Sorry!

      Delete