Wednesday, January 10, 2024

My Personal Reading Profile

This isn't required reading and you won't be graded on this, but I did have a few of you ask me what my reading profile is, so here goes.

I am what you would call a voracious reader. I picked up reading at the age of three and over the years I have become quite a speed reader. I read at least an hour a day (on my lunch break) and always listen to at least 30 minutes of an audiobook (sometimes more if I'm running errands). I used to average 200+ books a year except for the past two years. I had a baby (my first kid) in 2022 and my reading has markedly dropped (totally worth it though). In 2023 I was able to read 132 books, although I read almost 700 picture books!  I'm also in 3 book clubs and review for several publishing companies. The only trophy in my house is the trophy I got in kindergarten for reading 100 books. I was the jerk kid that aced every AR test, had all the Book-It pins and always won the summer reading contest at the local library.

I am also one of those people that can't NOT finish a book. I will hate read a book and write a scathing review of it on Goodreads, rather than just putting it down and starting something else. I annoy myself, but I have yet to break the habit.

I'm a very eclectic reader, I will read and review anything you put in front of me. If it's free or for a book club, I'll read it. I once convinced my book club to read a nonfiction book on Beanie Babies because I'm a monster (the book was "The Great Beanie Baby Bubble: Mass Delusion and the Dark Side of Cute" by Zac Bissonnette - it's fabulous - read it).

Feel free to add me on Goodreads if you haven't already, I write reviews for every book I read. You can find me at https://www.goodreads.com/ecataldi.

My all time favorite authors, series, and books are:
  • The Harry Potter series
  • Kurt Vonnegut 
  • Ray Bradbury
  • The Hannibal Lector trilogy
  • The Stand by Stephen King
  • Watchmen by Alan Moore
  • Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
  • The Riverworld series by Philip Jose Farmer
  • Matthew Quick
  • Laurell K. Hamilton
  • The Dear America series
  • The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher
  • The Cormoran Strike series by Robert Galbraith
  • Ellis Peters
  • Ian Fleming
  • Shark Heart by Emily Habeck


No comments:

Post a Comment